SWU Men's Soccer Day Camp
Day Camp is for players from all levels interested in competition, development, and fun. It is a camp designed for individual skill development that incorporates those techniques into a larger team and game environment. Each morning campers will receive instruction on the foundational skills of passing, receiving, dribbling, turning, change of direction, and ball striking. These skills are then developed and applied functionally in small sided games and larger activities.
After morning training, all-day player have lunch at SWU's well-equipped dining commons. The afternoon is set aside for "League Games" which provides an opportunity for their coaches to apply the techniques players have learned as well as teach basic attacking and defensive concepts.
With changes in US Soccer’s age distributions, age groups are now based on January 1st birthdays. We have three age groups at Day Camp:
- 6-7 year olds: Micro Division
- 8-10 year olds: Junior Division
- 11-13 year olds: Senior Division
Goalkeeper training is available by our qualified staff during Day Camp. Goalkeepers will train with our specified goalkeeper coach in the morning then will be added to their team for competitions and games.
Daily Schedule: July 9-12, 2018
8:30-8:45AM – Drop-off/Arrival
8:45AM – Opening
9:00-10:30AM – Morning Session
10:45-11:30AM – Competition
11:30AM – Half Day Pick-up
11:45-12:30PM – Full Day Lunch
12:45-1:45PM – Video
2:00-3:30PM – Competition/Games
3:30PM – Full Day Close/Pick-up
What to bring:
• Footwear: Molded cleats, sneakers, flip flops, and turf shoes (if desired)
• Shin Guards are required.
• Sun screen.
• Bring a water bottle or small thermos that your son can carry from field to field with him.
• Bring the water bottle from home each morning.
• A backpack to carry extra shoes, sunscreen, water bottle, etc.
• Soccer ball
• Lunch is provided in the SWU Dining Commons where campers have access to the all-you-can-eat cafeteria. This includes a full salad bar, sandwich stations, primary entrée bars, specialty bar, fully equipped fountain drink bar, deserts, and ice cream.
• Food Allergies: SWU Dining Commons readily provides secondary and tertiary options for players with food allergies.
There will be a Certified Athletic Trainer present at all times at the camp. The trainer will be available at Monday’s check-in to confirm any medical needs and handle medications.
Day Camp will be held each day rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather or lightning during drop-off or pick-up, staff members will direct you to the correct location. Players will be moved to a designated safe location in those events.
Check-In, Drop-Off, Pick-Up:
Check-In, Drop-Off, and Pick-Up is at lower Child’s Field each day.
Parents are encouraged to come and watch the league semi-finals, finals, and closing ceremonies on Thursday morning.
Our Refund Policy is stated on our FAQ Page.
Email is our primary form of communication. Please regularly check the email address you provide during registration.
Location: SWU Childs Field and Track Field
Dates: July 9-12
Times: HALF DAY: 8:30-11:30 AM
FULL DAY: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Ages: HALF DAY: 6-7years old only, and 8-13 years old
FULL DAY: 8-13 years old ONLY
Cost: Half day - $75 / Full day - $150
T-shirt will be provided
Registrations after July 1 will be assessed with a $10 late fee. Cancellation after July 1 is non-refundable